Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hi from Roger and Debby Smith to all Faith family and friends!!!

We are so looking forward to the 2009 Faith Reunion and getting together with friends we have not seen in so long.

I still work for the Florida Department of Environmental Protection. However, I now work in
our Division's Information Technology office. My focus is to apply Continual Service Improvement to all areas/aspects in/for IT (Woo Hoo - a bona fide CSI!).

Jordan, who is now 9, just started 4th grade at Gretchen Everhart. He loves it. They have a indoor pool, and he loves swimming. He gets to ride the bus to school in the morning. In the afternoon he gets to ride home with his care giver Kemi.

Jordan at 1 year old:



Jordan now:






Roger and I are learning daily on how to raise our busy 9-year old. He keeps us very much on our toes.




Chad, my older boy, who will be 26 this month, works as an electrician and just passed his journeyman's test. Here is a picture of Marlene, I, and Chad on Mother's day in 2008. And let me tell you, Chad "cleans up" real good.

















Roger's oldest son, Chris, lives and works in Jacksonville. He gets to Tallahassee every now and then to visit us. We wish he lived here so we could see him more often.

Here is a photo taken of Roger, Chris, and Jordan in August 2008:


I've started to compile a lot of the writings I have done over the years. I have a few posted. I started a small publication about 4 years ago called "Seed Sowers Series" and then put it on the shelf. I took it out about a month ago. You can find a few of the writings here: http://seedsowersseries.blogspot.com/

I am also venturing into gardening. It has been hit and miss... But each year I seem to get better at it, so I keep tyring. Here are a few photos of some of my plants:




If anyone wishes to get ahold of us, reply to this post and let us know how things are with you and your family. Love you all and am looking forward to the 2009 Faith Reunion!!!

No comments: