Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hugs from Karen Power


Greetings Faith Family!

WOW! I can't believe it's been almost 10 years since I left Tallahassee and Faith Assembly. Since then, I've moved a couple of times for work. First, I went to the Atlanta, GA area for five years. After that I was called out to Albuquerque, NM to continue working as a course developer for Pitney Bowes and start working as Speaker Services Manager for a company that represented Christian Speakers and Authors. After a couple of years of working almost 7 days a week between those two jobs, they both suddenly ended -- one due to company downsizing and the latter due to time to move on. In January 2007, I revamped a business that I'd had for 12 years and it had been sitting on the shelf -- the new version became Christian Speaker Services (www.ChristianSpeakerServices.com). It was the reality of a lifelong dream finally coming to pass!

This past November 2007, I made another change and moved back to the South. I currently live in the Dallas, TX metroplex and work for myself with Christian Speakers Services and a new venture -- www.FindChristianWomenSpeakers.com.

Alas, it's not all work...well, at least not all the time. There seems to be an abundance of good churches in the area. My home church to be Heartland World Ministries where Steve and Jeri Hill are pastors. Some of you might remember the awesome youth group and band that we had at Evangel Assembly while Steve and Jeri were the Youth Pastors. It's really been both fascinating and a blessing to have them as pastors 25 years later.

If I haven't bored you yet, you can find out more about me at my personal web site www.KarenPower.com. You'll find my contact info on the web sites. And, if you are ever out this way, PLEASE let me know as I'd love to see you again.

Marlene...it is so weird to see the picture of your boys (MEN), especially Maverick with a beard!

Hugs across the miles,
Karen

No comments: