Sunday, September 7, 2008

Ronnie Dodson



Grace - the free gift and ability to accept what comes, and mercy - witholding of the judgement we deserve.

I'm so thankful that we have each other. Please continue to pray for Ronnie Dodson and his family. As some may not know Ronnie is battling cancer. My last visit with him, at the hospital was precious as he arose and prayed for Pastor Kathy from Evangel Assembly. Imagine that! Yes, I can. Ronnie was and still is praying for others. He is a prayer warrior and I know the Lord is standing and interceding for Ronnie during this time where I pray that God's peace, love, and joy will overshadow him and protect him. My prayer is that the Lord Jesus would come down in the midst of the chaos that is "everywhere" on this earth and shine His glorious light into the darkness and cause the darkness to RUN.

I'm feeling such a stillness in my soul, it is like the calm before a storm. I don't know when and if it will hit, but I'm so thankful that I feel the Lord's presence so strong. It's like being in a coma and just awakening to a new awareness of how precious our life is, each day, each hour, each minute. I don't want to waste a moment....

I love the Dodson family,and I feel the Lord is showering you with a fresh anointing of His love, His Grace, His Mercy. Walk tall in the presence of the Lord, Keep your eyes on Him who is the Lifter of Your Head. Don't let it (your head) hang low, but arise shine and let the glory of the Lord arise in and shine through you in this hour....in these minutes....in these seconds that we have left on this earth.

Roger Smith (Ronnie's brother-in-law) grew up with Ronnie. Ronnie was 15 and Roger was 7. Please pray especially for Roger during this time that he will feel God's love and presence.I pray Jesus will embrace Him and be his help in this time of trouble. I know Roger loves Ronnie and respects him so much.

Faith Flashback:

I'm remembering when Ronnie, Roger Casavant and I were called to the 7 gates of Tallahassee. Muslims had been at these corners each week passing out propaganda. The Lord showed me to make signs with certain scriptures on them, to fast, pray and stand on 7 specific corners holding up the signs. We weren't to preach, just let God's word stand alone on the signs. This was July - for seven weeks we stood in the frying hot sun on the street corners holding up these signs. We stood no water, no food, from 8:00 to noon. We met at 7:00 and prayed for an hour before hitting the streets.

Everyone probably thought we were crazy, but can I tell you, these were some of the most precious moments in my life and we saw miracles, signs and wonders. People would break out in fits of cussing or praise. Some would burst into tears that drove by. Rednecks on the way to Wakulla Springs, would hold up their beer cans out of the window and salute, saying Yes, Jesus, honking their horns. We had one sign that said "Honk" if you love Jesus.

We would be in Ronnie's van huddled together sweating bullets, but praying in tongues and prophesying and actually seeing the manifested power of God. We shared dreams and words of encouragement with one another and we felt like we could have walked through hell because Jesus was present. The Lord shared with us that we were HIS ARMS, LEGS AND FEET. If we were obedient He would show us great and mighty things and HE MOST CERTAINLY DID. Ask any of us. The power of God can not be denied. We felt like true disciples of Jesus.

Ronnie was always at every prayer meeting early. I remember for several years we would meet at the church (Faith) on Mondays at 6:00 a.m. Ronnie was always demonstrative in his love for Jesus, but many times in these early morning times of prayer we all would just lay before the Lord quiet, because God's presence was so strong none of us could speak. We would just weep. Another precious moment that touched my heart was to hear Ronnie weep before the Lord. There is nothing I can think more precious to the Lord than a broken and contrite spirit. This is Ronnie Dodson.

My prayer is for Ronnie to make it to the reunion. The Lord may have other work for Ronnie in a realm we can't see with our natural eyes. I know God has prepared a special place for each one of His saints and I know Ronnie's place is going to be super special.

Ronnie, we love you and are praying for you.


Marlene Hoenig

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for Ronnie, Roger and the family!